July Favourites 2016

06:09

I came back from my holiday to Rhodes in the early hours of Sunday morning and I am seriously suffering from the holiday blues. No more sunshine and swimming every day and relaxing on a sun lounger, no more drinking strawberry daiquiris whilst watching the sunset, no more eating Nutella pancakes for breakfast everyday (ok, maybe that last one is a good thing). I am seriously bummed out. God, what a depressing opening to a blog post. Talk about first world problems, huh?

So, my first favourite has to be my holiday to Rhodes, it was my second visit to the island and I really do love it. I went with my boyfriend and we stayed at the Atlantica Imperial Resort and Spa in Kolymbia. I would definitely recommend this hotel, the staff were so helpful and courteous, the food was wonderful and the facilities were excellent. We went for a junior swim up suite which was amazing but even if we didn't, the hotel had a lovely lagoon style pool and was right on a blue flag beach. Kolymbia itself doesn't have a lot going on for it aside from the beach but we made a trip to Rhodes town to meander through the winding lanes and pick up some souvenirs.

Make up was pretty low key on holiday because it was so hot and I spent my days in and out of the pool, I didn't really bother, but in the evening I did like to amp things up a little bit and every night I found myself reaching for the Maybelline Colour Tattoo 24H Cream Eyeshadow in On and On Bronze. It's just so quick and easy to apply and so long lasting in the heat. It doesn't crease or fade and also works as a great base if you want to do something a little more fancy and layer some powder shadow on top. It's seriously a new must have product and I can't believe I didn't give in to the hype sooner!

The other eye product I've been wearing a lot this month has been another all time favourite: Stila eyeshadow in Kitten. It is the perfect light champagne shadow for when you want something subtle and brightening but still with a bit of oomph. 

I've been loving orange/coral/peach shades for a while now as I think they just scream summer. An oldie but a goody is Barry M's Coral, a bit of a throwback for me, it's just a great true coral shade that looks so perfect for the summertime. I still think Barry M is the best budget brand for nail polish there is.

A short but sweet favourites this month but I've got two more trips in August, Budapest and Venice so hopefully I can post about them both!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe