A Little NYX Haul

09:16

And when I say little, I mean little. Girl got a holiday to pay off. 

I was so excited when I saw a huge NYX sand in my local boots, I'm pretty sure I did a little scream. This is the brand I have heard American bloggers and youtubers talk about for so long and it's always really intrigued. Although I ummed and ahhed about the contour kit and picked up and put down about 5 pink lipsticks, I thought I would keep things restrained and just pick up a couple of things and if I liked them, I could go back for more.

First up is the much hyped about Soft Matte Lip Cream. Matte liquid lipsticks are everywhere at the moment, so I thought I should jump on the bandwagon and see what all the fuss is about! I had been looking at swatches online and liked the look of Istanbul, a lovely soft pink. However, on my very pale skin, it looks quite bright and definitely brighter than I intended, so I think I will be going back for a more nude shade and saving this one for summer. The product goes on well and also doesn't feel flaky when you reapply it. They are very matte, and for me, I find they can feel a little uncomfortable after a couple of hours, but I think I just have a low tolerance level for matte lipsticks! All in all, I would definitely recommend and I will be going back for more!

When I spotted the NYX High Definition Blush in Taupe, I did a little squeal and snatched it up without so much as a swatch. I have heard about this blush for the longest time as it's meant to be a great contour colour for fair skin. I think it looks a lot warmer in the picture than real life, it is a light brown with a definite cool undertone so it makes it ideal for contour. It's a nice powder formula, although I've definitely tried more pigmented powders, contour is something I never want to go heavy on so I don't see this as an issue. All in all, a great affordable alternative so something like the Kevyn Aucoin powders!

I'm really happy with what I picked up and will definitely be going back for some more bits and pieces!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe