March Favourites 2016

07:09

March was a good month; I had a lovely date night with my boyfriend, eating delicious food (shoutout to that chocolate fudge cake, still thinking about ya boo) and drinking delicious cocktails (Sex on the Beach- hate the name, but wow it tastes good). My idea of heaven. Other highlights include seeing one of my all time favourite musical for the fifth time, Chicago. It's currently on tour and if you get the chance to see it, do it. The songs, the choreography, it's just an amazing musical! 

My first favourite has to be Gossip Girl, one of my all time favourite TV shows. I've just started watching it for the third time and it's so damn addictive! The cast, the clothes, the locations, it's pure glamour and scandal. It also makes me want to book atrip to New York SO badly. Damn you adult responsibilities. For anyone without the boxset, you can find the complete series on Netflix.

For Christmas, I got a new bottle of Marc Jacobs Daisy. I'm s excited to start wearing this now we're into spring, it's feminine and floral with a beautiful bottle, so pretty for the dressing table! 

For my lips, when I want something to pair with a heavier eye, I love my Bobbi Brown Luxe Lipstick in Pale Mauve,  it's a light pink with a lovely creamy formula and such beautiful packaging that it does indeed feel very luxe! I love how smooth this feels, moisturising yet still with great pigmentation.

 Another fragrance that I adore, possibly my all time favourite, is Jo Malone Peony and Blush Suede. No, it's not cheap, but I totally think Jo Malone colognes are worth the price. They last so much longer on the skin than any perfume I have ever tried and the scent is so unique. It's floral but definitely not sickly thanks to the top note of red apple. This scent is so perfect for Spring!

As shown in my Spring Pinks post, I'm really enjoying lighter, more sheer and moisturising lipsticks, so step in the Revlon Lip Butter in 080 Strawberry Shortcake. This is a lovely and fresh pink that leaves a light glossy sheen and tint of colour. My lips have been a little dry recently and so I've been religiously applying the Lush Bubblegum lip scrub to get rid of any dry skin before I apply my lip products. This is a sugar scrub and so it tastes so good, it's the best lip scrub I've tried and makes lipsticks go on so much smoother.

Also, shoutout to Stylist , definitely the best free magazine around, pick it up if you see one!

 I've switched up my foundation for the first time in months, my skin has been quite dry recently and so my usual matte options just aren't working for me. I've shopped my stash and rediscovered Bourjois Healthy Mix, a foundation I used to find far too dewy, but now it's perfect for covering any dry patches and leaves my skin with the perfect amount of moisture. The coverage is medium and the best part is it's under a tenner! My go to setting powder has been the Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Powder in Fair. espite what I just said about the recent state of my skin, overall I am still definitely on the oily side and so I do love a powder to set things. This powder is so light weight and fine, it never looks thick and cakey on the skin no matter how much you apply. I've had this powder for ages and use it daily and I've only just hit pan in the middle so although it's pricey, I definitely think it's worth it. It also helps that it's housed in a dreamy rose gold compact!

Now it's getting warmer, I want to start using a good body moisturiser for when I eventually get my pins out. I love the BodyShop Body Butters and this month I've been using the strawberry one, it's super sweet in scent, which I know some people don't like but  I LOVE. It smells like delicious strawberry starburst (such a child, I know). The BodyShop Body Butters are so thick and buttery, leaving a long lasting softness to the skin and the scent lingers for ages. If strawberry isn't your thing, they'll definitely have a scent for you!

Of course, there was also Easter this weekend and I may have eaten more creme eggs and packets of mini eggs than I care to admit over the course of the month! I think I'm currently in some sort of chocolate coma. My favourite egg has to be the beautiful Arendelle Castle from Frozen. You're never to old for Disney right? I hope you all had a wonderful and Easter if you celebrate it. Now I'm off to eat that family of Lindt bunnies... mwahaha.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe