High End vs High Street: Benefit Gimme Brow and L'Oreal Brow Artist Plumper

05:38


Tinted brow gels are genius. These tiny unassuming products have the ability to transform even the barest brows into ones that would rival Cara's. They look so much more subtle than pencil or powder and are so teeny they can fit in everyone's make up bag.

I've been putting two to the test recently to compare, the L' Oreal Brow Artist Plumper in medium/dark and Benefit Gimme Brow in medium/deep.

Starting with the more expensive, Benefit Gimme Brow. Size wise, this really is minuscule, when I ordered it online I initially thought it was a sample size it was so small. For 18.50, I was distinctly underwhelmed. But then I started using it and I saw why they made this product so small, the tiny fibre brush is the perfect size for brushing through your brows, giving the illusion of more hairs. It's so easy to be precise and you don't end up looking like Groucho Marx. The shade is also perfect for me, it's dark but not warm toned like so many pencils and powders I've come across.

L'Oreal Brow Artist Plumper is nearly twice the size and less than half the price. What kind of logic is that?! In terms of formula and colour, these two are super similar. The only problem for me was actually that the L'Oreal one was so much bigger. The much larger applicator meant I was less precise with brow application and my brows looked far too thick.


I would say both of these brow gels disperse too much product onto the applicator and I would advise getting rid of any excess before applying onto your brows to avoid them looking unnatural. The Brow Artist Plumper is  better at keeping your brows in place if you suffer with flyaway hairs, but for me, it left my brows feeling a bit too hard and crispy, whereas Gimme Brow left them feeling much softer.


Overall, these are two amazing brow products and I would recommend both, but the high end Benefit Gimme Brow has the edge in this case, the tiny applicator allows for more precision and doesn't leave my brows feeling hard and unnatural.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe