A Short Stay in Padstow

04:54






At the beginning of this month, my boyfriend and I headed down to the beautiful harbour town of Padstow in Cornwall. This is hands down one of my favourite places in the entire world. It's so picturesque and quaint! It was a brisk visit, 2 nights and 3 days, but it was perfect. We were actually so luck with the weather, a slight sea breeze but other than that it was warm and sunny, so much so that I actually got slightly sunburnt on my shoulders! We also visited some of the beautiful surrounding areas; Rock, Trevone and Booby's bay are all lovely beaches and great for coastal walks.

We stayed in The Old Custom House, a lovely old harbour front pub with excellent views looking out over the estuary. The room was lovely, with classic and simple decor, they also served a great Cornish breakfast that kept us going until way past lunchtime. 

If there is one thing Padstow does really well, it's food. I think I ate more in the 3 days we were in Padstow than I normally do in an entire week at home. There are just so many options! Here a few places we visited in our short stay that I recommend: 

Rojano's in the Square- Ok so we're not in Italy but this is one of the best Italian places I've been too. Their garlic dough balls are a thing of absolute beauty and the truffle oil and parmesan chips were possibly the best chips I've ever eaten. I also had a seriously wicked Raspberry mojito that made me feel super summery.

Rick Steins Fish and Chips- It's not a seaside holiday without fish and chips right?! As you would expect from Rick Stein, these are not your average fish and chips. Everything is cooked fresh so prepare to wait a little while, but it's more than worth it. I'm not particularly adventurous so I went for classic cod but the variety of fish is amazing, my boyfriend highly recommends the sea bass!

Rick Stein's Patisserie- Ok, Rick Stein has a lot of places in Padstow so I think I've done well to narrow it down to just two. The patisserie is amazing, everything is freshly baked and varies day to day so if you see something you like, get it while you can (I still have major regrets for not picking up a slice of the banana bread) I seriously recommend the garlic and rosemary flat bread, so mouthwateringly good, and one of his humongous meringues (they can be seen in the window in the above picture) , break it up and there's enough for about five portions.

Cornish Delights- Ah the sweetshop of dreams. I definitely recommend picking up a bag of their fudge and a stick of rock whilst you're in Padstow, it would be rude not too!

Harbour Ice- There are a lot of great places for ice cream in Padstow but for variety of flavours, Harbour Ice wins, Cookies and cream, bubblegum, white chocolate and raspberry, clotted cream, honeycomb and so many more, you're spoilt for choice. 

I love Padstow so much and I would love to explore more of Cornwall, if any of you have any  places you would recommend there, please let me know!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe