Empties #2

09:00

For a hoarder, it's so satisfying using up products and hopefully downsizing my over flowing beauty stash. If you don't know the concept of empties, I show you the products I've used up and give you a full review and whether I would repurchase them or not.

I have very fine hair that needs washing often and I find some shampoos to be too rich, weighing down my hair. This sea salt shampoo is amazing for hair like mine, it's light weight and gives hair volume and texture, without drying it out. I also love the smell, it's so refreshing and reminds me of the sea and summer holidays. Yes, lush shampoo is pricey, but this tub lasted me a long time. The consistency is very odd, it's like thick gloop, but a tiny amount gives an amazing lather so I think it's worth the money. If you have very dry hair, this shampoo might not be for you but if you have fine hair that craves volume and texture, this is a winner.
Would I repurchase? Yes I already have! 
This fragrance is sweet, light and floral. With notes of pink guava and mandarin and a base of precious woods, sheer musk and vanilla, it's right up my street. I would probably describe this as a summer fragrance as it's quite light, but I tend to wear scents like this all year round. I adore this scent and the bottle is so stunning but I will say that it doesn't linger long on the skin and you need to keep spritzing throughout the day.
 Would I repurchase? Yes, gorgeous fragrance that. I would definitely wear again, although perhaps I'll try the eau de parfum..
I've repurchased this mascara a few times before, because I think it gives my lashes great length and volume, however for 19.50, it's disappointing just how quickly it dries out, turning my lashes clumpy. I also find quite difficult to remove. It's a great mascara for length and volume but it dries out so fast I'm not sure it's worth the money and I could find a mascara that achieves a similar effect with a much smaller price tag.
Would I repurchase? No, I think I'm going to hunt for a cheaper alternative.
My first foray into cleansing balms so I thought I'd start off with something affordable. If you're unfamiliar with cleansing balms, you warm them up in your hands, apply all over your face, then wipe away with a muslin cloth and some warm water. I found that this broke down and removed my make up really well, keeping my skin soft and clean. It feels very luxurious on the skin and costs much less than other balms on the market.
Would I repurchase? I'm currently testing out another cleansing balm but I will definitely repurchase this one.

I love micellar waters, they're so easy and quick at taking off make up. This particular one was nice, it took off my make up, although not the most stubborn mascaras, and didn't leave my skin dry or irritated. However. It'd not the cheapest micellar water on the market, although it's a lot more accessible than Bioderma and achieves the same results.
Would I repurchase? Definitely, although I'm planning on testing out some more micellar waters for comparison as at 11 pounds, it's not the cheapest.
Have you tried any of these products?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe